Shiver Security Systems Tips for Carbon Monoxide Safety
Protect your family & home from Carbon Monoxide
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless gas produced by burning fuels otherwise known as the silent killer. Victims exposed to high levels of CO can become seriously ill or die within 15 minutes. It cannot be detected by humans.
- Never Idle in the Garage – running cars or generators in attached garages create poisonous CO that can creep into your home.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors – Replace batteries and test every 6 months. Recommend in bedrooms, hallways, and near your furnace.
- Professional Furnace Tune-up – Maintain your system’s safety, reliability, and efficiency. Verify safe venting and the integrity of the heat exchanger.
- Vent-Free Gas Fireplace – Some manufacturers recommend opening a window during operation. Check your owner’s manual or consult a professional.
- Replace Aging CO Detectors – Sensors wear out and lose sensitivity. Replace between 2-6 years per your owner’s manual. Consult your Shiver Security Systems Account Manager.
- Consider Furnace Replacement – Typical lifespan is 15 years and newer systems are safer and more efficient.
Detection of Carbon Monoxide
Shiver Security can provide the detection your family and home needs. The detectors work 24/7. The system doesn’t need to be armed or disarmed to work. You can feel secure in your home and know you are getting the protection you need. Most importantly they are monitored 24/ by our Central Station.
Existing security systems
We can install detectors that are integrated with your existing security system that will provide you with protection from
We can also provide you with wireless detectors that integrate with your system. You will get the same protection.
Would you like more information about protecting your family from carbon monoxide? Call us today.
Alison Shiver firstname.lastname@example.org
Residential Sales & Marketing Manager
Shiver Security Systems
6404 Thornberry Ct. Unit 410 | Mason, OH 45040 | United States
Office: 513.719.4000 x101 | Fax: 513.719.4050